Monday, March 21, 2011

CON-DISH-ONS

    The human conscience is so fragile. I guess it is suiting considering the very world on which we place our feet is a delicate and unique phenomenon. Shift a couple elements, and the whole thing falls to shit. The sad thing is, I feel like my entire moral code is just as fragile. Ever see a really great film, and get so caught up in it that you catch yourself changing the way you act for the next couple days? It happens to me all the time. Staring at a screen for 90 minutes gets me more excited about life than being with loved ones, or pursuing a long term dream. Then frustration sinks in. I realize how near sighted I am. How easily I sacrifice what I believe in for shallow thrills.
    We are pulled in so many different directions by so many different things. Too many times we give into the bad ones, but I think it’s okay. It’s bound to happen. There are so many. The optimist in me won’t let that be my definition. The optimist in you won’t either. You and I both know that our constant case of screw up comes from the inherent desire to be good. To get better. We replace good with bad because its easier, but that doesn’t negate why we did it in the first place. We want to experience something better.
    Our lives are reflections of all life. It aches but there’s purpose in it. No doubt, right or wrong will follow us till the day we die, but don’t let that consume you. It is merely our condition. It isn’t the end all, and it certainly isn’t our cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment