Saturday, February 26, 2011

It All Gets Old

I’ve been practicing piano a lot lately. Today I somehow ended up brushing over some old LilyWhite songs. Well I say old but we wrote them just over a year ago and played them up until a few months ago. It’s weird how quickly we adjust to new things in life. I mean big changes occur and within weeks even days our brains, bodies, souls...acclimate. In a weird way it feels as if we keep switching because we never can get it quite right. As if this whole thing is sort of a mirror image of the life we should be living. We’re stuck inside the mirror and the guy on the other side is living the real thing. Something about listening back to any of the LilyWhite songs feels cold and empty to me know. Like showing up to a party with all my best friends and family, you know the people I love the most, and I’m a day late. Everything from the party is still setup and as I sit in the room I can tell that my friends were there, but I’m alone. That’s what life’s best memories turn into. This sort of haunting dream. There’s pain in it because we can never go back there fully. Just revisit for a while. But it’s pain in a settling way. I wouldn’t want to go back because I’m somewhere else now.

No comments:

Post a Comment